Sunday, October 26, 2008

If Only...

I am having a moment in motherhood that I am not too proud of and I had a few thoughts pop into my mind that all started with "If Only..."...bare with me. I'm having a week.

If Only...we didn't have to sell our house.
If Only...Grady's voice was about 3 notches softer.
If Only...my baby would sleep through the night. Can you imagine?
If Only...my husband would do the dishes today, I just can't bring myself to do it.
If Only...the kids could do their own laundry.
If Only...I had a printer.
If Only...I was able to lose weight. (Don't get me wrong, I have embraced my huge-ness but I would like to think of myself as healthier.)
If Only...Church was 1 hour instead of 3...oops, did I type that?
If Only...Taylor could quit negotiating with me.
If Only...I would have gotten that job I applied for.
If Only...I was more patient.
If Only...Rhett could exude his sensitive and spiritual personality to all around him.
If Only...Jenner could be little forever.
If Only...If Only...If Only...I could just sit back for a moment and realized how lucky I am for the things Heavenly Father has given me. Just me. Sometimes it is so hard for me to just "get" that and to remember my blessings. Maybe by writing them down and seeing them everyday I will remember more often. If Only...one day I will be okay with everything!

8 comments:

Missy said...

I'm glad you wrote that If only list it makes me feel like I'm not the only one who struggles with more that one thing. You are so cute I hope when you sell your house you don't move to far away. Oh and I still want to try some of your yummy cooking the Gardners talk so much about.

Brooke said...

I'm so sorry you are having one of "those weeks" I hope next week goes better. I'll be thinking of you and hoping everything works out! You can always move back by us!!!

Brenda said...

... and if only I could be more like Amy. ;)

Tami said...

It's ok to have one of "those weeks" every once in a while. The trick is to snap back and see all the great things, people, talents, and blessing you do have in your life. Believe me, everyone who reads this knows where you're coming from. Hang in there! Love ya!

Mike and Alleen said...

What a cute post! As mom's the "If Only" moments come to often!

Lara said...

I hope you have a better week! Thanks for your honesty!

Lisa said...

You melted my heart - I feel the same way so often and it's so nice hearing you're not the only one! Thank you!!! Big hug!

TIM & MISTY said...

I love it when there's reality on blogs. I mean I guess the good stuff is reality too... but we usually ONLY seem to put the good stuff. So when I see other peoples blogs with "real" stuff, it makes me feel like we're all human. I've had a lot of "If Only" days lately! :)