Monday, August 25, 2008

Toucano's


Today is my big brother Jason's birthday and we met them in Provo at Toucano's for dinner. My mom and dad came up from Richfield too. We had so much fun! Our first thought was that our kids wouldn't eat any of their food unless they had a kids menu...they don't have a kids menu and the kids ate fine. In fact, Grady ate so much food...he ate a banana (which he has never eaten before), tons of steak, chicken and turkey. Every time the guy came by with meat, we would load up his plate and he would eat it. All my dad had to say to convince him was, "Grady, this taste soooo good, you should try it," and he ate it. In fact, he turned down ice cream at the end of the meal because he was so full. Kids never turn down ice cream. He had to go potty after dinner and then came back and said he now had room for ice cream...so funny! My dad kept shoving meats in Rhett's mouth and we got the okay from him, meaning he didn't like it. He makes this funny face when he eats something he doesn't like and then he'll tell you he liked it but won't eat it again...funny kid. Taylor's favorite was the tri-tip and the brisket...she thought it was sweet pork so she was in heaven. The only one who didn't eat was Chris and that's because he's not much of a meat eater...he married the wrong girl for that reason, I love my steak! All in all we had such a good time and I am so glad we decided to drive for 2 hours to spend 1 hour with some of my family...Happy Birthay Bro...We love ya! And, thanks Dad for dinner!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! I love those Brazilian restaurants. I just wish they weren't so expensive. They bring back lots of good mission memories for me.

Brenda said...

Delicious. (I'm a meat lover too! - all but sausage) All I can say is that we don't get to eat like that often enough.

Carrie and Jon said...

We love that restaurant. Yummy!!! It was so fun visiting with you on Sunday. You are so wonderful.
Love ya!

Haley Barton said...

Wow. Sounds like fun. Tell Taylor that Tri-tip would be my favorite too.

Haley