Friday, August 29, 2008

For Rachel...

I hope you are reading this Rachel...this is for you. A few weeks ago I mentioned how I hate to start projects cuz I never finish them...well my good friend Rachel has inspired me. She is one of those people who just gets things done and is always on the go...she is installing a chain link fence this weekend and it makes me tired just thinking about it. She is so awsome and I wanted to thank her for opening so many doors in my little world...she motivates me to do things beyond my realm of comprehension...no I am not getting up any earlier than usual, I still love my sleep but I am getting more done around the house because of her!!! A big THANK YOU Rachel!!!

If you have been to my house in the last, oh year or so, you know we have had this nasty fish tank just sitting there with no fish in it...just gross moldy, poopy, green fish water. We never got rid of it until the other day...look how nice my counter looks with no poopy fish tank there!!! Amazing!!!

We have this really cool area just inside our garage door that has been a cluttered mess for 2 years, since we moved in..and voila...just yesterday I cleaned it up. I'm such a big girl now!!! I have wanted to get these bins from Wal-Mart forever and I finally just did it without anyone telling me to...I did it all by myself! Look how good it looks. I made Chris clean out his coats (he has probably 100 of them, and I am not exagerrating this time) and he picked 3 to throw away and stored the others in his closet. This is just the kids stuff and 3 of my jackets (my only 3.) The coat thing of Chris' is a whole other post, I'll get to that another day.

Jenny, my friend that does my hair did these awesome vinyl names for me and I couldn't be more pleased. Look how great they look!!!! The kids are excited to try to be a bit more organized too.

Rachel and I had a yard sale last weekend and look at what I bought from her for 30$...sweet! A couch and a chair!! Thanks Rachel!!!

My old green couches are finally gone...but not that far away, our neighbors Dave and Michelle took the sofa (both couches are totally broken, 3 out of the 5 seats were broke and we had been shoving blankets underneath them for support.) When they came back for the loveseat, it was gone...and then back again the next day. Whoever took it realized how broken the frame was and didn't want it...then Dave and Michelle came to get it again...guess what...gone! Twice they missed the boat...but in this case they are probably lucky they did...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amy, You are such a goof, we love ya to pieces!!!

Heather said...

Your speaking my language...organizing is like a drug to me! Your closet looks fab! Heather