Friday, July 25, 2008

TA DAAAA!

For about 5 years now I have been wanting to do something to our dining table. Or even better, get a new one...but that wasn't happening. I had this idea to paint it but knew it was way out of my ability to do so. Like I said earlier, I don't like to start projects for fear that I won't finish them or that I will screw them up. Well my friend Rachel fueled my fire and talked me into it. I am so impressed with my work and I am so glad that we did it. The table looks awesome!!! We used about 9 cans of spray paint, 2 sanding blocks and 5 coats of polyurethane...a ton of work but totally worth it! It pretty much took me all week to do it and Chris still isn't home to see it...I hope he likes it because I love it.



I also thought, Heck while I'm doing this I might as well paint the stools too...They are a color called "Oregano" and they too look really good. I still need to poly the tops of them but other than that, they're done!

Oh and by the way, No I can't help you paint your table, I'm too tired!

7 comments:

Jimi said...

your table looks great! We used to have that same table,I wish I would have been smart enough to paint it-it would have saved me some money!

Brooke said...

Good job! Ya, I was going to ask for some help painting my stools... Maybe I can just stop by one day and get some pointers. :)

Mike and Alleen said...

Your table looks awesome! I love it when projects turn out good!!! It's lots of work, but totally worth it!

Haley Barton said...

Your kitchen is going to look so awesome!! I can't wait to see it! I bet Chris will be so surprised. (And delighted.) I hope I see you guys soon!!!
Haley

Lisa said...

It's AWESOME! It looks so good!!! Are you Wonder Woman or what?!
I am so obsessed with black right now - more and more things are becoming black in my house... I'm really wanting to paint our old Sauder veneer entertainment center black. I love the thing because it holds all our stuff, but it's ugly. And Karmen put stickers on it that pulled off the finish. Any suggestions? I'm afraid the paint will just peel right off. Maybe if I sand it good first? Then primer? Maybe use spray paint? I don't know! You really won't come do it for me??? ; ) j/k...

Carrie and Jon said...

Wow, So cute!!! We got a table from Jon's brother and I really neet to touch it up...maybe I'll just call and get some pointers. I also love the new/old truck that is sitting outside your house. I want one!

Lara said...

Looks so good! I am not that ambitious. I am too lazy. There are a lot of things that could use some paint in my house, I just usually end up calling the painter.