Sunday, November 9, 2008

Nothing Much...

So we are up to nothing much...Chris is hunting with my bro-in-law (he has the camera) and the kids and I are just chillin. Our weekend consisted of me working a clock party and the kids hangin with Nammy and then nothing today...in fact, we are all still in our jammies and it's almost time for bed again. I didn't go to church because let's face it, going alone with four kids makes me crazy just thinking about it and I tend to think I have pretty good kids. What else...Oh, I decided that while Chris was gone I would get Jenner out of our bed for good and in to her crib for good...My sis-in-law Heidi told me of an awesome technique that I wished I would have done months ago. For those of you who don't know, I am still (I KNOW STILL) nursing Jenner and so our nights have been like she was still a newborn and getting up 4-5 times a night to nurse. Rather than put her back in her bed everytime, I just kept her with us and I am now paying for it. Back to Heidi...she told me that for their little guy they just put him to bed and when he woke up in the night, they just let him cry himself to sleep. I put Jenner to bed on Friday and she woke up around 2:00am and cried...I reluctantly just laid in my bed while she cried and cried and cried and screamed and cried...this went on for I don't know how long because I didn't want to look at the time and know how long. After she cried herself back to sleep, she didn't wake up until about 7:30am...YAY! Saturday night I put her to bed and she woke up again around 2:00am and only cried for about 10 minutes and went back to sleep. Woke up again about an hour later and cried for about 10 minutes and went back to sleep. Then, she didn't wake up until after 8:00am...Double YAY!!!!!! We'll see how tonight goes...wish me luck!!!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

Good luck to both of you. Letting your kids cry it out is painful, but hopefully short lived.

Erika said...

I'm going through the same thing with Glade right now. He's 13 mos, still nursing and still getting up 3-5 times during the night to eat. Did you stop nursing Jenner completely then...or just during the night? I think it's getting to the point where I need to just let him cry it out but I'm worried to because our neighbors are so close...the buildings all touch like in apartments...and I know they'd hear every scream. I guess it has to start some time though! Good luck! Let me know if you find anything else that works. :)

Lisa said...

I'm a firm believer in that method - it's what we've done with both girls from a young age and it always worked perfect! My bed and sleep are highly prized and I will fight hard for them! I'm so happy you're having success!