Saturday, July 11, 2009

Chicken Carbonara


I saw this recipe on Everyday Italian the other day and I was so excited to try it...of course I made a few changes to make it more my own and it was Delish! And it's practically fat-free...hahaha!

Chicken Carbonara
Saute in a large sauce-pan with olive oil:
4 oz. pancetta, cut into small pieces (Wal-Mart has it for about $2.50)
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
Add some cooked chicken either cubed or shredded, however much you want. Turn down heat to med-low and add 1 lb. cooked pasta...any kind.
Mix together:
1 pint heavy cream
6 egg yolks
1/2 bag italian shredded cheese blend (I got mine at Wal-Mart)
1/4 cup more parmesan cheese
1/2 tsp. italian seasoning
Pour mixture over pasta and chicken and mix well. Salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle extra parmesan on the top of each serving.
This makes a ton of carbonara, I doubled the recipe for 13 people and we had leftovers...It is soooo sinfully good! Even my funny picky Rhett loved it!!!

No comments: