Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Obligatory Christmas Post...

This year we spent Christmas Eve at our house with just my little family...
and it was PURE BLISS...
the night was so calm and so relaxing that I am wondering why we have never done it with just our seven before...
we were trying to figure out our own traditions and what we wanted to do for the night...
and we had a huge dinner with 3 bottles of Martinellis that we didn't have to ration...
PURE BLISS I tell ya...

Then on Christmas morning we had a sheet inbetween the rooms and the living room so the kids couldn't see what the big guy brought them...
and I even planned so well that on Saturday I bought some donuts for us to have for breakfast before church...
you see, we weren't planning on doing any of our Christmas stuff until after church (it was at 9:00 am)...
so we ate our donuts and got ready in our Sunday best...
and when it was time to leave, Chris led the kids out to the garage one by one with blankets over their heads so they couldn't see anything still...
AWESOME...
and then when church was over, we led them back to the bedrooms with blankets on their heads so they could change and get ready to open their presents!
Christmas on Sunday is always so special...
I love that you get to wish your friends and neighbors a Merry Christmas on the actual day and that you get to feel of the spirit and remember the true meaning of Christmas...
it was such a great day!
I can't wait for next year!


 The sheet that kept everyone out until it was time


First look at the loot...
love their faces...

a motorcycle...
are you kidding me...

Taylor got her shotgun and was so happy....

Addy was priceless...
every present she opened she would exclaim..."I love it I love it I love it"
she even opened one that was wrapped in a box for lights and was so excited that she got lights...
it was such a fun year with her...

the traditional stocking loot...
this is how I grew up getting my stocking stuff and I love it more every year...


All tuckered out from a big day of celebrating...
I love how she is wearing her coat and boots...

1 comment:

Ryan and Amber said...

Ahhh - Merry Merry and Happy New Year! Glad you got to experience Mags.... I did too at her house and she is a gem! :)