Sunday, September 25, 2011


Ummmm....HELLO?

How genius are these little gems!?!
I found this recipe over at PW's Tasty Recipes blog...
I was so excited to try them...
and they totally delivered!

Homemade Butterfingers:

16 oz candy corn
16 oz peanut butter
Melting chocolate (your favorite kind...but not choc. chips)

Melt candy corn in a microwave safe bowl in 30 second intervals, making sure to stir at each interval.  When they are totally melted, add peanut butter.  Note:  I had to mix mine up with my hand mixer because it was so thick and sticky.  Put mixture into a wax paper lined 8X8 pan.  Place in freezer until set.  Cut into bite sized bars and dip into melted chocolate using a fork to scrape off excess.  

Personally...the dipping part was tricky but not as bad as I was expecting.  They might not be pretty but they are sure tasty!  The texture is almost spot on like real butterfingers and I was so shocked by this...I mean really...candy corns and peanut butter?!?...Who Knew!?

It will make quite a few bars...which is good cuz it's Taylor's favorite candy bar!

No comments: