Sunday, June 7, 2009

This, That and The Other...Oh My YUMM!!!

After church and a late lunch we decided to go the Air Show at HAFB...and we forgot the camera, as usual...but the Air Show delivered a spectacular sight...too bad it was stopped by a crazy rain and hail storm...the news said Layton got 1.63 inches of rain today. Watching those jets and hearing the crazy noise is so exilerating, I am so glad we made the last minute decision to go. We just drove up to the base and parked about 1/2 mile from the air strip...I guess the Thunderbirds only perform 3 times a year and HAFB only sees them every 3-4 years. It was amazing to see and we are hoping that the next time they are here we will actually make to the base and get to be on the front row...it would be so cool!!!


This is a picture of Jenner and I making rolls...yes, it's me and my Fat Self letting someone take a picture...hold your applause...I really don't need your pity right now!!!


Apparently Jenner knows all about how beneficial having a wallet can be...I guess it's only beneficial if their is money to back it...


Chris took the boys fishing this weekend and this is the only picture he got...our new camera isn't all that and so he had trouble with it...This is Grady, Rob (our cousin) and Rhett...they had a great time fishing and they even had to sleep in the boat Friday night. Chris forgot that Rob has a dog that practically lives in the trailer with them so he had to make a few modifications for Grady's health...I love that man!!!
Now for the goodies...Brace yourself...
I just happen to run accross this recipe and Oh My YUMM!!!...this picture doesn't do it an ounce of justice...underneath that top graham layer is some good ol' gooey chocolate...YUMM!! I guess I have been in the mood to post recipes lately because when I log on to my blog...that's all I see!
Gooey S'Mores Bars

2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 cup flour
1/8 tsp. salt
1 bag Hershey's Milk Chocolate chips
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow creme
1 cup mini marshmallows
Mix sugar, butter, vanilla, and egg together. Add crumbs, flour and salt. Reserve 2 cups of graham mixture and press the remaining mixture into a greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips over mixture evenly. Drop marshmallow creme by spoonfuls on to chocolate chips. Wet fingers and spread around lightly. Sprinkly marshmallows on top. Sprinke with reserved graham mixture, press down slightly.
Bake in 350 degree oven for 17-22 minutes or until marshmallows are golden brown. Cool at least 30 minutes and EAT!!!

5 comments:

Haley Barton said...

That smore's stuff looks so good!!!
-Haley

Ryan and Amber said...

Stop posting all these delish recipes already! My husband thought that most wives did not make treats on a regular basis - you're SO making me look bad!

Ryan and Amber said...

OK - You are forgiven and thanks for the personalized letter to my lova. He might now understand a little bit PLUS I am making dinner tonight. Miracles never cease...

Tami said...

Love the pics of the boys camping! I miss you guys! The recipe looks yummy too, can you ship some out to me? JK! Love ya!

Lisa said...

Oh. my. goodness. I really want to try that yumminess... oh, how I love marshmallows...
And I love that picture of you and Jenner!