Monday, December 1, 2008

Advent Calenders...Christmas decorating...

If you belong to my family (the Belnap side) you have this weird instinctive obsession to collect advent calenders...right now I have 6 and 1 in the works. Most of mine have little pockets for candy and we make the kids switch off everyday and take turns. Well this year, my amazing sis-in-law Ashley made one for us girls this year and it has tiny little details and lots of embellishments. It is a work in progress and when I finish it, it will be soooo cute... notice I said "when" and not "if?" I am determined to finish a project for once in my life and I am starting with this one...we'll see. You can order yours here but I have to warn you, they are a little pricey...$500.00!!! I mean, look at all of the detail work she did, hours and hours of cutting up felt into teeeny tiny intsie weentsie little pieces...lucky for me I got a family discount...sorry...WAAAA for you!
And last night we decorated for Christmas...and by "we" I mean the kids...it was so much fun to watch them and to see where they placed certain ornaments and certain decorations on the walls and doors. They had a ball doing it and I think my house looks pretty darn good. The best was watching Jenner with her big eyes looking at everything and dancing for us and talking on the phone with any sort of object she could find. She is saying "what is that?" all of the time now and it is sooo cute. Funny, I am looking through my pictures and there isn't one without Jenner in it...I do have 3 other kids but we are sooo obsessed with her right now...all of us...she is so much fun and does some pretty funny things...we can't help it.

"what is that?"
Oooooohhhh....

More pretty things...

Look at this one...

Helping daddy get the train working...I'm thinking it will last about 1 day with Jenner around.

2 comments:

Lara said...

I wish your kids would come decorate my tree. We got it up, but now I am tired and not quite ready to decorate!

Kendra said...

I love decorating for Christmas! there's always that sweet excitment in the air. BTW It's supposed to be nice on sat. you guys lucked out! :) should be a really great time!