Saturday, November 12, 2011

Pizza Crust...

We made pizza's for YW the other night and I found this recipe on a blog and decided to give it a go...
it was soooo good!!!
and the crust was all brown and cooked all the way through...
unlike other recipes I have tried...
this will only make one pizza so I suggest doubling or tripling it if you are feeding a crowd the size of my crowd...


I can't remember the blog, but because I changed the recipe a bit so I don't feel too bad...
I did steal this picture from a blog too because I never took one of  my own...
doesn't that look delish?

Pizza Crust:

1/2 cup warm water (from the tap is good, I let mine get a little hot)
1 1/4 tsp. yeast
1 1/2 cups bread flour
1 tsp. salt

Combine the warm water and yeast in a bowl.  Let sit for 5 minutes.  Add the flour and salt and mix in a countertop mixer for 3-4 minutes.  Roll dough onto cookie sheet...no need to grease the sheet, just a little flour and you will be all set.  Top with your favorite toppings and bake.

The trick to a good pizza crust is a really hot oven and putting it on the lowest rack in your oven.  This recipe calls for a 420 degree oven and baking it for 11-13 minutes.  

Also, we tried doing a pizza without using any sauce and it was really good.  In fact, it was so good that I have to intention to ever make my pizza with sauce again!  The flavor really comes through with your toppings...YUM!

No comments: