Saturday, October 1, 2011

Egg in the hole...

PW made these on her show a couple of weeks ago...
and my kids begged for them...
personally I thought that they would never eat them but was happy to make them and give them a try...
they all love them...
all but the little girls that is...
and so we made them again last night and I got a photo...
so I can share the recipe with ya!



Egg in the hole:

What you'll need:

Bread
eggs
butter (and lots of it)
salt and pepper
circle cutter

Directions:

Cut holes in the bread and save the holes.  Heat your pan on med-high heat and slather on the butter...a good amount.  Place the bread in the pan, making sure to soak up the butter.  Crack an egg into each hole...and at this point you can sort of 'scramble' the egg if you like, it's what my kids prefer but I like it whole.  Salt and pepper your egg.  After the bread has toasted to a nice golden brown, it's time to flip.  Now when I am at this point, I get my butter stick in one hand and the spatula in the other...I pick up the toast with the spatula hand, and rub more butter on the pan with the other hand.  This makes for a very tasty and toasty bread.  When the egg has cooked and the bread is a nice golden brown on the other side...remove it from the pan.  And, don't forget to toast up the little holes too...they are soooo good!

1 comment:

The Belnaps said...

my mom totally used to make those all the time..brings back good memories. I'll have to try them