Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Mexican Lasagna...

This is quite possibly the best thing I have ever eaten...no really...the BEST!

In fact, it is so good...I'm thinking of making it again this week!

Mexican Lasagna:

8 corn tortillas
1 lb. hamburger
1 can petite diced tomatoes, drained
1 can pinto beans, drained and rinsed
1 pkg. taco seasoning
1 can olives, sliced
shredded cheese...lots of it!

Brown hamburger with salt and pepper and a little onion.  Add your taco seasoning with about 1/3 cup water.  Add tomatoes and pinto beans and let simmer for 10 minutes.

Spray a small casserole pan (I used an 11X7 pan) with Pam and lay 2 tortillas in the pan.  Next layer on some of the meat mixture, some cheese and some olives.  Layer 2 more tortillas, then some meat mixture and some cheese.  Repeat (leaving the rest of the olives for the top.)  I ended up with some meat mixture, some cheese and olives for the top.  There are four layers total.  Sorry I am confusing in my explanations...but I'm sure you get it.

Bake in a 350 degree oven for 20-30 minutes or until it is all warmed through...

This is so good and I can't wait for you to try it!

Photo came from Flickr...I know, I cheated!

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

Mmmm, I love me some Mexican Food.

Lasagna Recipe said...

Not only your lasagna looks amazing but your family looks lovely, too! Thanks for sharing these recipe. I think you just gave me the perfect idea for a compromise for my 7-year old son (who loves lasagna) and my husband (who never gets tired of Mexican food)! I'm excited how those two will take these recipe, lol!

Michelle D said...

Yummy! Happy Cinco de Mayo!