Monday, May 17, 2010

First Family Camping Trip!

We went on a little camping trip over the weekend and I have to admit, it was quite fun!

I am not much of the camping type but after this trip, I think I can handle them...but just for one night...heehee

It was the first time we have all gone camping together...

Jenner was taking it all in and loving it...
especially mom's diet coke...

Addy was pretty good but it's hard with an infant...
you can't ever put them down to just chill for awhile...

The campfire is my favorite part...
Apparently not so much for Addy...

Totally sacked out...
for about 15 minutes...
normal behavior for her...

This is me playing with my camera again...
I love what it can do...
but, I can't wait for the day when I can get another lens...

Dorks!

Notice all three of Grady's marshmallows are on fire!

Crystal Hot Springs!
Stinky, dirty, hot...but they had fun!

Much needed refreshment!

The ride home...
so cute how they all fell asleep within minutes!


A surprise waiting for us when we got home...
Baby birds!
I took this picture totally blind whilst standing on a kitchen stool, and I couldn't control the focus...so, I am not sure how many birds there are...
can you tell?
There were originally two eggs but it looks like maybe four birds to me...
Ugly little suckers!

6 comments:

The Belnaps said...

Those birds are seriously scary looking...I'm sure they'll grow to be cute..all things small do right? glad you had a fun trip. I know my kids are anxious to break out the tent.

Lara said...

We have had birds on our front door and they are grossing me out! I wish mine were tucked away where I couldn't see them. Eggs are cute, baby birds and their droppings, not so cute! What a pretty place for camping. I think I could handle that, I like all the grass. What kind of camera did you get?

Rob and Jill said...

I'm jealous of your camera! What fun! I'm so glad you had a great time camping. I'm aching to head to the hills. Your kids are growing up too fast!

Ryan and Amber said...

OK I have been out of touch for a while but WE have the same (OK a similar) little nest of homely looking birds too! Must be spring time - if only the weather would cooperate! Glad you had a nice little break and thanks for all your advice on the feeding of my own little bird.... still workin' at it!

Jess said...

that place looks like my kind of camping. grass instead of dirt and sagebrush, a pool.... where did you go? I really don't think I'll be doing and tent camping this summer, but maybe next year!

Haley Barton said...

Man those birds are UGLY!!!! Eeeeww... But they'll look cuter once they've grown a bit... HOPEFULLY!!
That trip was way fun... we should make it an annual thing :)