Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Breakfast is the new Dinner...


This is what Chris and I had for dinner the other night (above photo courtesy of Flickr of course)...it was one of those nights where pay-day is still a few days away and there isn't much in the fridge or freezer to choose from. It requires a little creativity on my part and alot of trust on my husbands...the kids are always happy with Ramen or Mac N' Cheese. It's really quite simple and I scaled it down from it's original version that I made on Christmas morning a few years ago, and again for Rhett's Baptism brunch.
Breakfast Casserole:
Layer in the following order:
hash browns: Any kind but enough to cover the bottom of an 8x8 pan.
breakfast sausage or ham: brown the sausage (about 1/2 lb)
shredded cheese: about 1 cup
Make a mixture of:
4-5 eggs
a little milk
a dash of mustard
salt & pepper
Pour over the casserole...Cover with foil and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 35 minutes. Serve with salsa or ketchup.

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I LOVE breakfast for dinner. Looks delicious!

Tanielle Callaway said...

That looks yummy. I am definitely going to have to use some of your recipes. I need some variety :)

Amy B. said...

Tanielle...I would love an invite to your blog...