Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Meatballs...

I'll admit...
I do not normally like meatballs...
but this recipe is exceptional!
My SIL ran across it in the Worldwide Ward cookbook and we have been making it ever since she introduced us to it!
It's delish!


2 pounds lean ground beef
1 cup quick oats
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1/4 cup dehydrated oonion
2/3 cup milk
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

Combine all of the ingredients and mix well. Form into balls using the pampered chef medium scoop. Place in a 9X13 casserole dish. Cover with sauce (below). Bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes. Serve over rice.

Sauce:
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup vinegar
2 teaspoon mustard
1/2 cup barbeque sauce {Tony Romas Carolina Honey is the best)
2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

Combine ingredients and blend thoroughly.  Note:  We usually 1 1/2 times the sauce cuz it's so good.

3 comments:

Michelle D said...

Ha! We totally made these on Monday night...and I didn't even know it was in the Worldwide Ward cookbook. We've had this recipe since I was in Jr High. It is SOOO good.

Hollie said...

I am going to try this...with just a few modifications, Trey could eat this. We are always looking for things that all of us can eat, so I'm not making 4 different dinners! Yeah...thanks:)

Stacy said...

I love these too. I totally love them on toast instead of the rice though. (And I'm usually a rice kinda girl.) It makes so much I can freeze about 1/3 of the batch for another day.