Monday, April 25, 2011

Cheesecake...


This is such a good cheesecake.  I have a long failed history with cheesecakes and I was elated that this one worked...Go Me!  The tastiest part is the almond extract in the crust...delicious!  I got the recipe from a book I am reading called "The Cherry Cheesecake Murder" and I made my usual small adjustments to make it more me...it is sooooo good!  And, I don't like cherries on top so I just bought a can of raspberry filling for the topping...yummy! 

Cheesecake:

Crust:

2 cups vanilla wafer crumbs (measure after crushing)
2/3 stick butter, melted
1 tsp. almond extract

Pour melted butter and almond extract over cookie crumbs.  Press into a 9 inch springform pan that has been sprayed with pam.  Press up the sides one inch.  Put crust in freezer.

Batter:

1 cup sugar
3 8 oz. bricks cream cheese (room temp)
3/4 cup mayonnaise
4 eggs
2 cups white chocolate chips
2 tsp. vanilla

Mix sugar, cream cheese and mayo until very smooth.  Add eggs one at a time and mix well after each egg.  Melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave for about 2 minutes.  Let cool for 2 minutes and add to batter.  Add vanilla and mix everything together very good.  Pull crust out of freezer and pour batter into crust.  Place cheesecake onto a foiled lined cookie sheet and bake in a pre-heated 350 degree oven for 55 minutes.  Turn oven off and leave cheesecake in there for a couple of hours.  Refrigerate cheesecake for at least 8 hours before serving.

Warning:  Mine was so ugly and cracked really bad.  The edges were raised and I had to cut them off to level it out.  I just poured the raspberry filling over the entire thing to cover the ugliness...and trust me, you won't even remember how ugly it was once you have tasted it!....yummy!!!

No comments: