Sunday, October 10, 2010

Yummy Pulled Pork sandwiches...Cake Mix Cookies




So my phlebotomy teacher is pretty awesome...
and, yes I am brown-nosing right now...
hopefully he reads this...
 hahaha...

Any who, this recipe comes courtesy of him...
apparently it's like his favorite thing ever...
and I must admit that they are super tasty!!!

Pulled Pork Sandwiches:

1 3-5 pound pork roast (any kind)
1 2 liter bottle Mug Root beer
1-2 bottles Sweet Baby Ray's original BBQ sauce

In a large crock pot place the roast and cover completely with root beer.  I set my crock pot on low and let this baby cook for about 24 hours.  Drain the root beer off of the roast and shred the meat.  Pour the sauce over the meat and incorporate so that the meat is completely saturated in the sauce.  Leave the crock pot on a warm setting for about 1-2 hours until ready to serve.  If you don't have a warm setting, just turn it off and don't remove the lid.  Serve inside your favorite rolls...I like those diamond shaped ones from Wal-Mart...I think they are called boullilo or something like that!  Enjoy!

Oh and Mark...can I totally use you as a reference whilst applying for jobs?...just checking (hahaha...)





 Have you ever had cake mix cookies?...
Well I had them years ago and wrote them off totally because I thought they were so bad...
until I came across these little beauties...
so simple and Oh So Good!!!


 Cake Mix Cookies:

1 box cake mix
1 cube butter, softened
1 egg

Mix the cake mix, butter and egg together until well combined.  Drop by rounded tablespoon (medium scoop) onto a cookie sheet.  (about 15 cookies per sheet)  Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10-11 minutes.  Do not over bake.  These puppies are so delish and the possibilities for cake mixes are endless...yellow is my favorite...my kids liked the lemon ones (probably cuz I drizzled them with a lemon glaze) and the funfetti ones are so dang cute!

The only downfall to these little gems is that it only makes about 20 cookies...total bummer!







Photobucket

3 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I need to try the pulled pork.

I have an awesome recipe for homemade Oreo cookies, using cake mix. Super easy!

Ryan and Amber said...

Brown Nose away, baby.... as long as there is something in it for me I'm totally going to forgive you. ;) I CAN do crock pot! Thanks, Amy!

Ryan and Amber said...

PS - Pork roast is in the crock pot even as I type. My husband is gonna LOOOOVVVVEEE me! THANKS!