Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Coffee Cake...



So my boys absolutely love this coffee cake, well at least they LOVE the topping. Check out the pictures of Grady's plate when he had eaten 2 pieces...funny huh?

Coffee Cake

Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray pan:

2 cups Bisquick
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 egg
2/3 cups milk

Struesel topping:

1/3 cup Bisquick
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2 Tbsp. melted butter

Note: When I was little, I used to make this for my family all of the time. We decided we liked the topping so much that I used to triple it. It was so good but it might be a little too much for the faint of heart, I would strongly recommend at least doubling it.

Mix cake ingredients together and put into either a bundt pan or a small casserole pan. Prepare stuesal topping and put on top of cake. Bake for 17-22 minutes. Eat while still warm with butter on top. Yumm!

1 comment:

Brenda said...

This recipe looks easy enough that I could even try it! Yummy.